During the ongoing COVID-19 situation, and under current government advice, Take Me Too! will continue to operate. Some people are struggling with essential journeys they need to make and we know that many people within Pembrokeshire are keen to help where they can. As always when you are lift sharing, passengers and drivers should use common sense in taking relevant precautions, and make their own decisions about giving or requesting lifts.
Please follow our advice below for specific precautions to be taken in the light of COVID-19:
- Consider whether you need to travel at all, particularly if you are more vulnerable (i.e. aged 70+ or living with underlying health conditions that put you at greater risk from COVID-19). People vulnerable to the virus, or anyone showing signs of infection, should not be travelling at present unless it's essential. There is support within communities to pick up shopping and prescriptions for people who are self isolating or who have been advised to stay at home Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org or 01437 775033) and we can put you in touch with support in your area.
- Drivers and passengers should not share journeys if they or anyone within their household has (or has recently had) a high temperature or new, persistent cough within the past 14 days. You must follow government guidance to self-isolate at home.
- Care should be taken to keep 'touch points' (door handles, seat belts, etc.) clean between each car user. Viruses can live on hard surfaces for up to eight hours.
- Wash hands with soap and hot water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available, both before and after the journey.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Keep the car ventilated during the journey and consider sitting further apart if if this is possible (e.g. passenger in the back and driver in the front)
For our general advice about lift sharing safely, please go to: https://takemetoo.co.uk/en/safety/
For advice and information from Public Health Wales about COVID-19, please go to: https://phw.nhs.wales/topics/latest-information-on-novel-coronavirus-covid-19/
For advice and information from Community Transport Association (CTA) about COVID-19, please go to: https://ctauk.org/covid19-guidance/
CTA’s Guidance for Operating Essential Journeys during COVID-19 Emergency: https://ctauk.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/guidance-on-operating-essential-services-26-03-20.pdf